- To provide a seamless system of support, resources, and training to families with children from birth through high school.
- To build capacity of parents, particularly those who are educationally and/or economically disadvantaged, to become an integral part of their children's educational success.
- To develop parent advocacy and leadership skills.
- Establishing a statewide network of parents, pre K-16 educators, business and community leaders, and faith- and community-based organizations to work with, and support families and their children.
- Providing families with NCLB information and understanding about state/local report cards, public school choice, SES, and parents' rights.
- Working with KS SEA to provide technical assistance to LEAs/schools to implement parental involvement policies and Title I, Section 1118.
- Promoting and supporting quality PAT and Head Start early childhood programs to promote school readiness.
- Working with pre K-16 school-based/school-linked programs to increase educators' understanding of working with diverse families, how to enable more effective communication between parents and professionals and how to increase parent involvement in children's learning.
- Ensuring that parents have access to literacy training/resources to more effectively enable their children's academic growth and achievement.